When first approaching the project, we found out that the core problem was the chaos in the structure of the information. The structure was quite old and was not adapted to the user’s behaviour (it was not built taking into consideration their needs). In addition, text hierarchy was not well defined and as a result, the information was difficult to locate. It’s a fact that nowadays, users are too busy to spend loads of time reading the information on a website. That is why it was important to define the logical amount of texts for each section.
We decided to make research to understand the user. From the outcome of workshops, we discovered different target groups of people who had different and specific needs. After this, we decided to solve the structure of the website based on this key information. For doing this we had to define criteria. Only the relevant information was kept, and the doubled content was merged. Furthermore, based on the fact that users were not able to find the information, we decided to add a search function.
On the other hand, the staff needed to have a very easy way to maintain content. With over 41 different departments involved in the content creation and people from various skill levels, we needed to build a backend which allows them to put in information about news and events intuitively and creates a consistent brand image to the outside.