Feel the spark? Let’s get to know each other.
For us, the important factors in the design of digital products are: Research, Information Architecture, User Interface and Coding. That's why we expect applicants to design both UI and wireframes during the design process and be able to define the requirements for both through user research.
Your projects are your playground, we set you no limits. We are open to new methods and innovative ideas and offer you the opportunity to change things and introduce your own processes.
We are a boutique User Experience Studio that puts the user, a well-defined process and high-quality outcome first.
In order to achieve this, we have developed our own product concept and development process which combines design thinking methodology, agile working methods as well as scientific methods. What makes our approach special are the tools we are using and our mindset: we make our projects our babies, meaning we’re taking full ownership and we are going in the lead of the process in order to ensure you the best possible outcome.
It is our Mission to create an effortless digital life for people and enable the connection & coherence of humans & digital products.
It is our Vision to enable others to do the same - achieving sustainable change through Mermaid process enablement.
We are a small team that operates in a lean & mean way, so we need someone who gives full throttle! Your projects are your playground, we don't set you any limits. We are open to new methods and innovative ideas and offer you the opportunity to change things and introduce your own processes.
A motivated, international team with flat hierarchies
Access to a large network of innovative start-ups and transformation teams of large corporates
Exciting and diverse tasks and projects that promote your personal growth
Access to further training opportunities, lectures, events and workshops at Factory Berlin e.g. Google Future Workshop courses
● Create and define various design ideas using mood boards, mood graphics.
● Define visual actions.
● Collaborate with UX designers in order to take over conceptual tasks.
● Create designs and layouts on Figma.
● Creating design (pattern) libraries together with developers.
● Support all design decisions with creative, strategic and/or business reasoning.
● Pitch creative concepts, mock-ups and discuss ideas with internal clients.
● Be able to conceptualize different/unique styles of designs, and adapt and elevate current brand guidelines for projects.
● Design engaging and intuitive user experiences for digital platforms across all types of touchpoints. (web, mobile, etc.).
● Design conceptual brand-identity is a plus.
● Lead and mentor junior and mid-level designers.
● Fluency in English; German would be a plus.
● A bachelor's degree in design.
● 3-5 years of experience in digital product design.
● A current portfolio that includes your process.
● An overview of UI best practices and emerging design trends.
● Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
● Familiarity with Figma, InVision, and Adobe XD or a willingness to learn quickly.
● Experience creating wireframes and user flows.
● Experience in the development and maintenance of design systems.
● Experience creating pixel-perfect for multiple digital platforms (iOs, Android, Responsive Web).
● Experience working with design language systems and components.
● Experience working with Principle and Framer.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Send us your application: email@example.com
Your Mermaid Studios Team